Veganism emerges as one of the most appealing interests on dating apps for young adults in India
In 2022, it’s time we agreed that when it comes to dating, lifestyle choices and values have a huge impact. Tinder, the world’s most popular dating app, has revealed new information about its members in India who are increasingly trying to find like-minded environmental lovers and focusing on relationship-based dating. values.
More than a third of dating young adults in a recent survey* said it was very important to them to meet someone who cares about the environment. In fact, internal data** shows that female members of the Tinder app rate being vegan as one of the most attractive interests in a potential match. Not only that, “environmentalism” and “gardening” are among the top attractive interests that women look for when looking for a match on Tinder. Additionally, climate references in bios are also increasing with ‘Eco-conscious’ and ‘Sustainability’ increasing by 2X*** in Tinder bios. It’s clear that making sustainable lifestyle choices could not only be good for the planet, but also for your love life!
This Global Vegan Month, Tinder is collaborating with celebrity chef and Masterchef India finalist Megha Jhunjhunwala to help young adults impress their #Vegantine with easy-to-cook recipes for their next date.
“It was such a treat to curate these easy vegan meal recipes that are sure to impress on your dates and can even be made together,” Megha Jhunjhunwala said. “These recipes celebrate ingredients so close to nature and at the same time intrinsic to a way of life increasingly adopted by the younger generation who want to leave behind a better world, especially with regard to climate change. No wonder, choosing a partner with similar lifestyles is also supreme!
“Young adults who are dating are abandoning traditional dating norms and increasingly bonding for common social causes. We’ve seen this experiment play out on Tinder as singles express more of who they are, which they are passionate about. and what they’re doing to make more meaningful connections. With more members visibly expressing their love for the environment and the vegan lifestyle on their Tinder profiles, it’s clear that being eco-conscious is a way of life. , including young adult dating choices,” said Aahana Dhar, communications director, Tinder India.
If you’re looking for your perfect green match to share your love of vegan cooking and spread the message of a sustainable lifestyle, head over to “Nature Lovers” or “Social Causes” in Explore – Tinder’s new built-in hub where you can navigate potential connections through common interests and a match with someone who loves the planet as much as you do!
Three vegan recipes to impress your match:
Show different sides of your personality with this combination of smoky, spicy and sweet starters😉
Cauliflower steak with pepper sauce – Good food is often considered the most important ingredient for the perfect date, so let this cauliflower steak serve as the perfect ally to make the best first impression.
1 medium cauliflower
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red bell peppers cut into pieces
400g cherry tomatoes or tomatoes
7 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
50 g walnuts
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover the cauliflower with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180°C, remove the foil and bake for another 40 minutes.
3. Start preparing the sauce by placing the tomatoes, red peppers and garlic in a saucepan. Garnish with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Let cool.
4. Toast the walnuts in a dry pan and let cool for a few minutes. Then mix the nuts and the vegetables, the paprika, the honey and the lemon juice until you obtain a fairly thick cream (if too thick, add a dash of water or olive oil). Season with salt and pepper and stir for a few more seconds.
5. As soon as the cauliflower is cooked, spread the cream of peppers on a serving platter, garnish with black pepper and fresh herbs of your choice. Arrange the cauliflower on top, cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Top off your simplicity with an extra with this creamy, earthy and flavorful main course ✨
Risotto with mushrooms and cracked wheat – Sometimes, on Tinder, all it takes is a spark to ignite love: this recipe is therefore dedicated to those who want to plan a romantic evening. Something fresh, light and creamy, this dish will help you show off your culinary skills with just the right amount of effort.
1 cup raw cracked wheat or Bulgarian wheat or Dalia
1/2 kg fresh mushrooms cut in half (mixed like king oyster & shiitake or just button)
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley/basil
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup vegetable milk
1/2 cup vegan cheese (optional)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once simmering, add the mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown, stirring only occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
2. Add herbs and garlic to mushrooms. Season with salt. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Add the milk to the saucepan and stir into the mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and reserve the mushrooms.
3. Cook the risotto in a large nonstick saucepan or deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and cook, 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add cracked wheat and stir quickly until all grains are well coated and smell is lightly toasted, 60-90 seconds.
5. Pour in 1 cup (240 ml) of hot vegetable broth and stir frequently but not constantly. Once it has absorbed the liquid, add the next round of broth, 1 cup at a time. Continue this process, stirring about every 30 seconds and adding more broth when most of the liquid has been absorbed for about 20 minutes, until the risotto is slightly firm and creamy, but not too soft or mushy.
6. Transfer the cooked mushrooms to the risotto and stir to warm through for a few minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the vegan cheese, if using.
7. Taste the seasonings, add a little salt if needed and black pepper to season. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Earn full brownie points with this tender, moist dessert to delight your date.
Vegan chocolate cake – You can never go wrong with dessert, and this is the sweet ending on the way to your #Vegatine’s heart. ‘Because flowers are sweet but chocolate is sweeter 🍫
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup rapeseed oil
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and grease two 9-inch cake pans.
2. Measure 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and add the tablespoon of vinegar to it. Stir lightly and let curdle.
3. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine. Now add the oil, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk/vinegar mixture. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment) until well blended.
4. Reduce speed and carefully pour in boiling water, continuing to mix into cake batter until combined. The batter will seem very runny at this point; that’s how it should be, trust me!
5. Divide the batter evenly between your cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. After 10 minutes of cooling in pan, carefully remove cakes from pans and let cool completely before frosting.
*Research conducted by One Poll – survey of 1,000 young Indian adults (18-25) across India in March-April 2022.
** Tinder data in India between January and October 2022
***Based on comparable Tinder bios from 2020 to 2021