Reviews and Information on Purdy’s Vegan Chocolates (With Dairy-Free Caramels)
We were pleasantly surprised by the full range of Purdy’s Vegan Chocolate Bars released last year, and I didn’t expect more dairy-free items from them so soon. But their chocolatiers have kept busy, drawing inspiration from the warmer climates of North America to create this indulgent line of Purdy’s Vegan Chocolates. It features layers of Sweet Georgia Browns and smoky Hawaiian black salt caramels, in dark, dairy-free milk chocolate.
Purdy’s Vegan Chocolates offers fans inspired dairy-free caramels
The caramel in each variety of Purdy’s vegan chocolates is cooked in a large copper kettle for a golden color, chewy texture and rich depth of flavor. Once you’ve purchased and tried them, let us know what you think by leaving your own unbiased review and review below!
Vegan Hawaiian Black Salt Caramels
Purdy’s has taken ordinary caramels to another level with a sprinkle of Hawaiian Black Sea Salt on top. And of course, these are made dairy-free! They are sold in boxes of 6 and 16 pieces.
Ingredients: sugars (sugar, glucose), coconut milk (coconut, water), unsweetened chocolate, apple juice (apples), chickpea broth (water, chickpeas), cocoa butter, salt, coconut oil, rice syrup powder, natural flavors, soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin. made in a facility that uses milk, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and eggs.
Nutrition (for 3 pieces): 160 calories, 8g fat, 23g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g sugars, 1g protein.*
Vegan Sweet Georgia Browns
Their chocolatiers pour dairy-free caramel over a layer of toasted pecans and top it all with vegan milk chocolate. They are like classic turtles, only better. These generously sized treats are sold in packs of 2 and boxes of 8.
Ingredients: pecans, sugars (sugar, glucose), coconut milk (coconut, water), apple juice (apples), cocoa butter, rice syrup powder, unsweetened chocolate, coconut oil, natural flavors, salt, soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin. made in a facility that uses milk, peanuts, wheat, eggs and other tree nuts.
Nutrition (per piece): 170 calories, 13g fat, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugars, 1g protein.*
More Notes on Allergens
Purdy’s uses a vegan-only chocolate mold and packaging line for vegan chocolate bars. They actually have a dedicated vegan space for production in their factory kitchen. But as stated above, milk and other major allergens are still present in the establishment. Contact them directly for details on allergen protocols.
More Facts About Purdy’s Vegan Chocolates
- Price: $6 to $25
- Availablity: Purdy’s vegan chocolates are sold at Purdy’s stores across Canada, and they sell direct online through their website below. They ship anywhere in Canada (free shipping with minimum purchase) and the United States (flat shipping rate), and even offer shipping to other countries.
- Certificates: We have not found any certifications on Purdy’s vegan chocolates.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Purdy’s Vegan Chocolates are Dairy/Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Peanut Free, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly. Some varieties are made nut-free.*
- For more product information: Visit the Purdy website at www.purdys.com.
* Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement before consuming. Ingredients, processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss its manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. All food products present some degree of risk of allergen cross-contamination. Only you can assess what is safe for your needs.
Average reader rating
0 stars out of 5 (based on 0 reviews)