Macerated strawberry brownie sundaes
- 1 ½ tsp. All purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Cocoa powder without sugar
- 1 ch. Granulated sugar
- 1 C. Baking powder
- 1 C. salt
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- vs. the water
- 2/3 ch. mini chocolate chips
- 1 pkg Brownie Mix prepared according to package directions with the addition of an extra egg
1. Preheat the Belgian waffle iron. (If using brownie mix, skip to step 5.)
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat the eggs, vanilla and water in a small bowl.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Quickly add the butter while stirring. Add the chocolate chips.
5. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 of the batter mixture. Close the lid and cook the waffle for about 3 minutes. Carefully lift the lid to check the waffle. It should be just set, but soft to the touch. Gently unmold the waffle on a plate. The waffle will start to get crisp as it cools.
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Orange liqueur such as Triple Sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 4 tbsp. Granulated sugar
1. Wash, garnish and slice the strawberries.
2. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix gently so as not to crush the berries. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour so that the juice becomes syrupy and the berries begin to absorb the liquor.
- Waffle quarters
- Vanilla ice cream
- Macerated berries
- Whipped cream or powdered sugar
1. Place waffles on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Collect the ice cream and place on the waffles.
2. Pour the berries over the ice cream, making sure to get some juice from the berries.
3. Add whipped cream on top or sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.