Hershey’s After Dark debuts on Food Network
A new competition is coming to Food Network, titled “Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey’s After Dark”, which will pit skilled pastry chefs against each other in a battle to create jaw-dropping chocolate works of art.
Hershey, Pa., Stars the show in this four-part Food Network series which premieres Sept. 27 at 10 p.m. as part of the network’s Halloween programming.
But the excitement doesn’t end there. Chocolate lovers can live out their “sweet” dreams when they visit Hersheypark during the Halloween season, enjoying unique tweaks on the iconic Hershey treats inspired by the show.
Suzanne Jones, Vice President of The Hershey Experience, said: “Presenting the best of what Hershey, PA has to offer – from Hershey’s Chocolate World to Hersheypark – on Food Networks has been a unique and special experience that only Hershey can. to offer. The most exciting part is that people can actually experience their favorite parts of the show in real life right here in Hershey, PA. “
“Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey’s After Dark” features pastry chefs competing to create spectacular sculptures using Hershey’s chocolate and candies such as Reese’s Pieces and Twizzlers Twists.
The creation of world-class artwork takes place at Chocolate World, Hershey’s largest candy store, after the park closes, but chefs will also be able to ride the famous Hersheypark roller coaster and participate in various challenges. in the park.
The contest is hosted by Sunny Anderson, who also hosts the Food Network show, “The Kitchen”.
“’Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey’s After Dark’ combines two of my all-time passions: going to theme parks and creating art with food,” Anderson said. “I can’t wait to share these amazing chocolate displays with viewers, featuring some of the most talented pastry chefs on the planet. “
The competition is a race against time, and at the end of each episode the judges, cake sculptor Ralph Attanasia and celebrity chef Maneet Chauhan, will crown the champion.
But chefs aren’t the only ones who can have fun. Guests can discover several seasonal Halloween “treats” while visiting Hershey:
- Chocolate fusion: Visit the Hershey’s Chocolate World attraction for a free S’More and a cup of melted hot chocolate, each inspired by the experiences of the show. Samples will be available for a limited time, starting September 24.
- “Live on the set! »Chocolate fusion: Take part in this Hershey’s After Dark photoshoot in Chocolate World and snap a photo behind an exact replica of the show’s backdrop.
- Hersheypark in the dark: Enjoy the park’s world-class roller coaster, new additions and family-friendly rides as a special “in the dark” Halloween experience, every weekend October 15-31.
- Trick or Treat in Hershey: Take the Trick or Treat trail from Hershey’s Chocolate World to The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, stopping at 13 treat locations. Children 12 and under can participate and costumes are welcome.
- Reese’s Candy Converter: Do you have any Halloween candy you hate? Returning by popular demand after its debut in 2018, Reese’s Candy Converter allows you to bring your unwanted candies to Hershey’s Chocolate World any weekend of October 15-31 and ‘convert’ (redeem) them for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Jones summed it up by saying, “Join us in having your own ‘chocolate chip’. Ride the rides after dark, take a ride or a treat, and most importantly, enjoy your favorite Halloween treats right where they originated.
Bring the fun home by stocking up on Halloween-inspired treats such as Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkin Snack Size, Reese’s Franken-Cup Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat Witch Beer, Hershey’s Kisses vampire chocolates and Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Cream Crocs to savor while watching the “Chocolate Meltdown” contest.
“Teaming up with Food Network to bring ‘Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey’s After Dark’ to life in The Sweetest Place on Earth was such a treat,” said Vikki Hultquist, Managing Director of Hersheypark. “We love that the show features incredible chocolate creations and the incredible ‘Hershey only’ rides and experiences that await anyone who visits Hershey, PA where fun meets chocolate!”
For more information, visit Hersheypark.com and ChocolateWorld.com.