Heart-shaped pancakes for Father’s Day 2022: Try the recipe
If Dad loves pancakes, this heart-shaped treat is perfect for Father’s Day 2022.
“There’s so much creativity you can use for this recipe, which is so important to me,” Catherine McCord said.
She is the food blogger behind Weelicious, the author of “Weelicious: 140 Quick, Fresh and Easy Recipes” and co-founder of One Potato, an organic meal kit company.
FATHER’S DAY 2022: THE BEST LIFE ADVICE AND A LINER I’VE EVER RECEIVED FROM DAD
“From the type of batter you decide to use, to the shape of each individual pancake, to the fillings,” she added.
To make these pancakes even more special, McCord recommends topping them with homemade whipped cream and fresh seasonal berries, preferably from your local farmer’s market.
10 UNIQUE FATHER’S DAY GIFTS FOR NEW DADDS
Makes 6-10 servings
Serving size varies depending on amount of pancake batter used and size of pancakes
Preparation time: 5-15 minutes
Cooking time: 3-12 minutes
Preparation and cooking times vary depending on the dough recipe used
1 batch pancake batter of your choice (like Catherine McCord’s Chocolate Pancake Mix from Weelicious, below)
1 soft bottle with tip
Maple syrup, fresh berries, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, honey or any other desired toppings
FOR FATHER’S DAY, 21 COOL AND INCREDIBLE GIFTS FOR DAD THIS YEAR
1. Pour pancake batter into a large squeeze bottle. Make sure the tip is large enough for the pancake batter to come out.
2. Over low to medium heat, lightly grease your skillet. Take a squeeze bottle and draw a free-form heart from end to end, then fill in the shape. When the core begins to bubble, flip and cook for 30-60 seconds.
3. Serve with maple syrup, raspberry sauce, fresh berries or any toppings of your choice.
Makes 16 pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of yeast
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Butter or coconut oil, to grease the pan
FATHER’S DAY 2022: GOOD GIFTS FOR GRANDFATHERS
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil.
3. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
4. If you are making heart-shaped pancakes, read the instructions for step 1 above. Alternatively, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and brush lightly with butter or coconut oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mix onto the griddle (in a heart shape), making as many pancakes as you can, cook for 2 minutes or until you see bubbles forming.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute.
These original recipes belong to Weelicious.com and were shared with Fox News Digital.