Halloween mummy pie and pumpkin pie
Honolulu (KHON2) – Living808 learned how to create fun Halloween treats from brunch with Aloha.
Mal Botts showed us how to make Mummy Grahams and Pumpkin Pie using local company Diamond Bakery and their Pumpkin Flavored Graham Crackers.
1-1 / 2 cups finely ground Diamond Bakery Pumpkin Graham cracker crumbs
* ⅓ cup of white sugar
* 6 tablespoons of melted butter
* 1 ½ tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1-3 / 4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 can of evaporated milk
Edible pressed flowers
1. Combine all the ingredients for the crust and press into a pie or pie pan. Return to 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
2. While the crust cooks, combine all of the filling ingredients, stirring constantly, until combined.
3. Pour into the shell, cover the edges of the crust with foil and bake for an additional 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. If desired, decorate with pomegranates, pistachios and flowers.
You can get more ideas and participate in giveaways by following Mal on Instagram.