FUELÉ Well-being + Nutrition | chocolate chips | Love it, love it, hate it!
Healthy baking is truly at your fingertips. With trades like almond flour for white flour, coconut oil for butter, and plant-based sweeteners for sugar, it’s possible to create legitimately healthy treats. And now, the range of low-sugar, sugar-free chocolate chip options makes it easy to create a healthy sweet treat from start to finish.
True talk | If what we add is just a few chocolate chips per serving, it doesn’t matter which variety we use. But since we have better options available to us now, we can do better, and every little bit counts.
Lily’s chips | sweet stevia, zero sugar
- Varieties include semi-sweet, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, salted caramel chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate chips
- Per tablespoon (semi-sweet variety): 50 calories, 2 grams net carbs, 4 grams fiber, 0 sugar
- Ingredients include unsweetened chocolate, insulin (prebiotic fiber), erythritol (vegetable sweetener), rBST-free milk fat, cocoa butter, stevia
Choc Zero chocolate chips | zero sugar
- Varieties include dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chips
- Per tablespoon: 70 calories, 6 grams net carbs, 5 grams fiber, 0 sugar
- Ingredients include milk chocolate (unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, whole milk powder), soluble corn fiber (non-GMO resistant dextrin), sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, natural caramel flavor, bourbon vanilla pods from Madagascar
Whole Foods Brand 365 Dark Chocolate Sugar Free | zero sugar
- Per tablespoon: 50 calories, 6 grams net carbs, 2 grams fiber, 0 sugar
- Ingredients include chocolate liqueur, erythritol, cocoa butter, sunflower lecithin, stevia
I LIKE THIS!
Guittard dark chocolate chips | 72% cocoa
- Varieties include white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, sweet and sour, dark chocolate and extra-bittersweet
- Per tablespoon: 80 calories, 8 grams net carbs, 3 grams fiber, 6 sugars
- Ingredients include cocoa beans, cane sugar, sunflower lecithin, vanilla
Missy J’s Sweet Australian Carob Chips | dairy free
- Varieties include sweet and unsweetened carob chips
- Per tablespoon: 80 calories, 6 grams net carbs, 1 gram fiber, 6 sugars
- Ingredients include Missy J’s Carob Chips (organic palm oil, organic Australian carob powder, organic coconut sugar, organic sunflower lecithin, sea salt)
Enjoy the chocolate chip life | Hypo-allergenic
- Varieties include semi-sweet and dark chocolate,
- Per tablespoon: 80 calories, 9 grams net carbs, 1 gram fiber, 7 sugars
- Ingredients include cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter
traditional chocolate chips | eg Hershey’s, Nestlé Toll House
- Per tablespoon: 80 calories, 8 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 6 grams of sugar
- Ingredients include chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, milk fat, skimmed milk, natural flavor
##Want more Molly? Click on here register for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly email newsletter with links to it Get the skinny TV segments here on WGNO and more! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @MollyKimballRD – and discover his weekly podcast; Just search for “Molly Kimball” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.
Suggest a correction