From chocolates to pakode, here are bhang recipes you can try on this auspicious occasion
Maha Shivratri is one of the most important festivals in India, dedicated to Lord Shiva, which is celebrated during the Phalguna or Maagha month. The day is celebrated with all the festivities, and no celebration is complete without a platter of delicious food.
Maha Shivratri, which translates to “The Great Night of Shiva”, is observed during the dark fortnight or Krishna Paksha on the 13th day or 14th night of the month, as it is believed that the misdeeds of a worshiper who observes the day with a absolute integrity and devotion are dissolved and he/she attains moksha.
It is said that Lord Shiva spent most of his time in deep meditation and Bhang, an Indian cannabis-infused cooler, kept him in a state of joy and focus. It is a cannabis-based dish made from hemp leaves native to the Indian subcontinent. People usually associate Bhang with Holi and a form of offering given to Lord Shiva or Shankar.
Here are some of the Bhang recipes that you can try this Shivratri:
- Put 1/2 liter of water and the sugar in a saucepan. Wait 2 hours for it to soak.
- Soak all other dry ingredients in 2 cups of water for at least 2 hours in a separate bowl. Grind these soaking materials into a fine paste after 2 hours.
- Stir the remaining water into the paste and strain the liquid into a container using a sturdy muslin strainer until the residue is dry.
- Add the milk and sugar syrup to the strained mixture.
- Add the cardamom powder to the milk.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Serve it chilled, sprinkled with chopped almonds.
2. Bhang Pakode
- Put the spinach leaves in a mixing bowl after washing and grating them.
- Mix the remaining ingredients well. Sprinkle water with your hand.
- Using your hands, coat the spinach leaves with chickpea flour until completely coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Shape into a ball and fry until golden, then top with cat masala.
- Serve hot with a mint chutney on the side.
3. Chocolate Bhang
- Add water to your double grill over high heat.
- Lower the heat once the water has reached a boil.
- Stir for 30 seconds after adding two cups of chocolate.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of chocolates until the mixture seems almost lump-free.
- Stir in cannabutter until completely melted.
- Put your melted cannabis butter in your candy molds.
- Store the chocolates in the refrigerator until they have hardened.
- Take the chocolates out of the molds when they are ready.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
Read also: Maha Shivratri 2022: Wishes, quotes to share with your friends, family on this auspicious day