DVIDS – News – Holiday specials offer customers numerous opportunities to maximize their stewardship benefits
By Sallie Cauthers, DeCA Marketing Department
FORT LEE, Virginia – October represents the unofficial start of the holiday season for commissary customers who want to see Halloween and Thanksgiving promotions, great savings and more, said the Defense Commissary Agency sales director.
Whether it’s celebrating Oktoberfest with friends or greeting friends and families from afar with a big, plump roast turkey, your commissary wants you to know we’ve got you covered with extra savings and great opportunities to enhance your commissary benefits, ”said Bonita Moffett, DeCA sales manager.
Throughout the month of October, DeCA’s industrial partners – sellers, suppliers and brokers – work with Commissioners to offer discounts that go beyond daily savings. Foreign stores may organize substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to visit our website, www.commissaries.com and their local commissioner for details on the dates and times of the following promotions:
• DeCA celebrates its 30th anniversary with a gift card gift to the Commissary. During the month of October, the DeCA will commemorate the 30th anniversary of its establishment on October 1, 1991, as a military stewardship agency. In honor of DeCA’s legacy, the agency will create a “DeCA Turns 30 Commissary Gift Card Giveaway” to celebrate this milestone. For more information on the contest, visit the webpage, www.commissaries.com/anniversary, which will be released by September 29.
• Fall sales of the commissary’s store brands. We are thrilled to announce that from October 11-24, the Commissioner will be hosting their Commissioner’s Store Brand Fall Sale Event. Meanwhile, you can expect to save even more on Freedom’s Choice, Homebase, Full Circle, Tippy Toes, TopCare, Wide Awake Coffee, Crav’n Flavor, Pure Harmony, and Flock’s Finest brands. Commissary store brands deliver the quality you expect from national brands at a fraction of the price. Look up the details in your commissary.
• “Do you have commissioner’s milk?” Check out the very low gallon milk prices in the refrigeration section of US stores highlighted with the orange Your Everyday Savings (YES!) Label. The yes! The program ensures that your commissary gives you the daily savings you deserve on those gallon-sized dairy products and the other products you buy most frequently. Just look for the bright orange labels.
• Apple promotion. The annual Apple Grower Promotion is in partnership with Skippy Peanut Butter, Justin’s Nut Butters and Marzetti’s Caramel Dips from October 11-24. See your US product section for details.
• NCAA 2021 Football Sale Event. Unilever and OSC-WEB are hosting this global event from October 11-24. Customers of the Commissary will have the chance to win one of 15 football packages including 55-inch televisions and Bose soundbars valued at over $ 25,000. Look for “College Football” displays representing the Ax Men, Dove Men, Degré, Suave Men and Vaseline Men grooming lines.
• Oktoberfest continues. Until mid-October, commissary customers will find in-store displays and coupons for items imported from Germany and other European countries around the world. A sample of these German products are chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage, pickles, noodles, coffee and more.
• “Halloween! There is still a lot of Halloween candy left to buy before All Saints’ Day. Browse the spooky aisles of your local commissary and get your favorite treats before they disappear.
• Trick or Treat – Win a turkey to eat! Your curator will be hosting a worldwide Halloween costume photo contest from October 1 to 31. Submit a photo of you, your family, or your pet in their Halloween costume and you could win a 14-16 pound frozen turkey. Go to www.commissaries.com for contest details. One winner chosen per store.
• Reduced turkey prices. Commissioners cut prices for holiday turkeys. This year, your commissary is offering frozen, whole Shady Brook / Honeysuckle / Valchris turkeys for under 50 cents a pound! Sales will begin September 27 and run through December 31. Plus, a frozen whole butter turkey will sell for less than $ 1.50 a pound while supplies last.
“The fall season is a busy time for Commissioners,” Moffett said. “We have daily specials in all stores and seasonal club packs at great prices for upcoming holidays. And, if you don’t already have your Commissioner Rewards Card, get one now from your local Commissioner. You could be missing out on some really good deals. Hope you and your family have a spooky and fun Halloween.
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a global chain of police stations providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissioners provide a military advantage, saving authorized customers thousands of dollars each year on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The reduced prices include a 5% surcharge, which covers the costs of building new stores and modernizing existing ones. An essential part of supporting military families and an integral part of military pay and benefits, Commissioners help prepare families, improve the quality of life for U.S. military personnel and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their countries.
|Date posted:||09/28/2021 2:27 PM|
|Site:||Virginia, United States|
This work, Special holiday offers provide customers with many opportunities to maximize their curatorial benefits, must comply with the restrictions indicated at https://www.dvidshub.net/about/copyright.