Dark Chocolate Whip Recipe (Dairy Free, Plant Based)
Did you know that Dole also makes Dole Vanilla and Chocolate Whip? Unfortunately, unlike their fruity cousins, these flavors contain quite a bit of dairy. But thanks to Dole, you can make your own dairy-free dark chocolate whip at home with this easy recipe.
Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Dole Whip in an Instant
This dark chocolate whip recipe has been shared with us since Healthier by Dole countryside. It’s actually a fruit-cocoa hybrid that plays on the natural fruity flavors of chocolate. As a result, it’s lighter than your average ice cream and packed with antioxidants. Here are some additional recipe tips and substitution ideas to help you with this recipe.
- Sweetener Options: The recipe uses just a little added sugar to harmonize the flavors, but you can substitute a sugar-free sweetener for confectioners, if you prefer. Although you can substitute any sweetener of your choice, using a powdered version helps with texture and thickness.
- Milk substitutes: Technically, you can use any dairy-free milk drink – it doesn’t have to be oat milk. You can even use a chocolate version! But if you want a richer finish feel free to substitute canned whole coconut milk for oat milk. For more protein, you can use silken tofu instead of oat milk.
- Equipment tips: Because this recipe only uses frozen fruit, you need a good food processor or high powered blender to achieve a soft finish. Alternatively, you can use fresh fruit, mash and churn in an ice cream maker. the Cuisinart Soft Serve Machine and Ninja Cream are perfect for recipes like this.
Special Dietary Notes: Dark Chocolate Dole Whip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free/dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Be sure to choose the chocolate chips and milk drink that meet your dietary needs.
Dark chocolate whip
Type of recipe: Dessert
- In a food processor or high powder blender, puree the bananas, pineapple, chocolate chips, cocoa powder and sugar until smooth.
- With the blender or food processor running, slowly add the drink to the milk.
- Divide banana mixture among 4 bowls and garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Portion: ⅞ cup calories: 210 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 43g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 32mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 3g
Healthier Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipes
Banana Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
Nice Cream Cherry Garcia
Bourbon Salted Pecans Cream Nice