Blueberry brownie pie is the perfect Labor Day dessert for the elderly
What could be better than brownies topped with fresh fruit? How about some baked fruit in the brownie? This Blueberry Brownie Pie incorporates mashed blueberries and raspberries into the batter, bringing a light berry flavor that cuts the sweetness of the brownie perfectly. It’s a perfect Labor Day dessert and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set aside a small amount of each berry to top the brownie. In a small saucepan, heat the remaining berries over medium heat until melted into a sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, crack and whisk the eggs for 1 minute.
- In the large bowl, add the butter, sugars and vanilla. Mix until homogeneous.
- Pour the dry mixture into the large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add water and berry mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a round baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and fresh berries and enjoy!
Per serving*: 130 calories; fat 3g; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 30mg; sodium 100mg; carbohydrates 24g; 1g fiber; total sugars 17g; added sugars 17g; 2g protein; calcium 1% DV; iron 5% DV; potassium 2% DV
*Please note: Nutritional variations may occur due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.
Looking for local meal solutions in your area?
Find the best local services.