Advent Calendars in Milwaukee Offer Chocolate, Beer, Tea, and More
And the Christmas countdown begins!
A food-related advent calendar is a great way to help the foodies in your life prepare, because good food or drink always makes people happy. And there are unique local offerings this year.
Delicious Wisconsin Advent Calendar
One of the most popular is Delicious Advent Calendar from Wisconsin. Theresa Nemetz, who founded the company originally called Milwaukee Food Tours, said the calendar has been a hit since it was introduced three years ago.
“When we first offered it, it was during the pandemic. Then we sold 3,000 in 48 hours. Last year we sold 10,000 and this year we expect around the same number.
“The nice thing is that we’re featuring 24 small businesses that people don’t always hear about.” Through this calendar, “people can discover new businesses in their state and then support them locally,” she said.
Nemetz said his company has also created calendars for Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee and Indiana, where their local treats are featured, and there’s a 12 Days of Greats calendar. Food-filled lakes from Great Lakes port cities.
Many foods are rotated each year in the Wisconsin calendar, Nemetz said. Among them are chocolates, caramels, honey, jam, mustard, cookies and maple syrup.
“If you bought it last year, you’ll always find new deals,” she said. “But if you want totally new deals, or if you want a totally new calendar, you can get a calendar from another state. It’s like traveling without leaving home.
Order: The calendar costs $159 at deliciousfooddelivered.com/productsand it can be shipped within the continental United States for free. It ships November 10 and arrives no later than December 1, the first day of Advent.
Another calendar from Delicious Food Delivered is 12 Days of Wisconsin Gift Box. It has the same vendors as the 24-Day Advent Calendar, but with just 12 for a lower price, Nemetz said.
Order: This calendar is $99 and can also be found at deliciousfooddelivered.com/products.
MobCraft Beer Advent Calendar
Beer is near and dear to many during the holidays, so the MobCraft 24-Day Beer Advent Calendar ($65) is a great pick for the beer lover on your list.
It comes from MobCraft Brewery and Bar in Milwaukee and includes six collaboration beers, four seasonal beers, five base beers, five limited release beers and four barrel-aged beers.
This calendar is so popular that people have been asking for it since July, said MobCraft staffer Jackie Herrera.
“It’s a fun holiday gift. … This is an adult advent calendar where you get the beer of the day,” she said, adding that some customers have shared their stories of how they open their calendars on the networks. social.
“They have such creative perspectives on how they do it. Some do it with their dogs, others with an elf on the shelf. They are very intelligent.
Because this calendar is too large to mail, it can be picked up at the brewery at 505 S. Fifth St. or at a pickup location listed on the website. Buyers will receive an email when their calendar is ready. This advent calendar is also available in Colorado for those who have friends or relatives there.
To order see blog.mobcraftbeer.com/mobcraft-beer-advent-calendar or call (414) 488-2019 after 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday or after noon on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Crate & Barrel Calendar
At Crate & Barrel: You can get a party Chocolate Advent Calendar ($49.95 online at crateandbarrel.com/chocolate-advent-calendar/s141084or at the Mayfair store) which comes in the form of a Christmas tree. It is filled with truffles wrapped to look like ornaments. The flavors are caramel-milk chocolate, white peppermint, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
Williams Sonoma Advent Calendars
Williams Sonoma has a variety of food-related advent calendars, many of which are likely to be foodie favorites on your list. They range from calendars with spices to tea and are available on williams-sonoma.com.
We particularly liked:
- ‘It was the night before the Christmas stocking ($29.95 online and in Mayfair). This vintage-style advent calendar is filled with foil-covered milk chocolates to look like wrapped gifts.
- 24 days of cookie baking ($69.95 online). Treat your favorite baker to 24 days of holiday bliss. There are numbered boxes that contain baking-related items such as cookie cutters or cookie cutters, spatulas, piping bags, gift bags, decorating tips or stencils.
- Christmas Popcorn ($69.95 online). This Christmas tree-shaped calendar contains the necessary elements to create a popcorn party. Behind the 24 doors are different types of popcorn and seasonings. Grains include Red, Purple, Sweet Baby Blue, and Mushroom, and seasonings include Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Dill Pickle.
- peppermint bark ($29.95 online). Peppermint bark comes in four holiday shapes: snowmen, toy soldiers, Christmas trees, and Santas.
- christmas house, ($110 online). This calendar is made of carved wood and hand painted to look like a house decorated for the holidays. Behind the 24 doors are sweets including gummies, chocolates, caramels and mints.
- Disney Mickey and Minnie ($45.95 online). For the youngsters on your list, this advent calendar is filled with treats from around the world. Individually wrapped candies include chocolates, caramels, gummies and candies.
- Harry Potter ($45.95 online). This calendar includes treats in the shape of owls, cars and lightning bolts. There are butterscotch drops, sour balls and gummies.
Macy’s Advent Calendars
At Macy’s: Foods in the calendars range from truffles to tea, to plenty of chocolate, from chocolatiers such as Godiva, Harry & David and Frango. Calendars are available in select stores and at macys.com/shop/featured/advent-calendar.
We particularly liked:
- Godiva Chocolatier Deluxe Holiday Chocolate Truffles ($49 online).Has truffles in flavors such as Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel, White Chocolate Christmas Cookie, Dark Chocolate Cranberry Signature, and Milk Chocolate Roasted Almond flavor.
- 24 Tastes of Christmas Gingerbread Tasting Collection ($60.00 online and in Mayfair). The little drawers in this gingerbread house are filled with sweets, including dark chocolates and caramels.
- Christmas gift box 24 varieties of tea bags($21.99 online). Treat your loved ones to the best-selling teas from Vahdam, India.
World Market Advent Calendars
Cocoa and tea are among the World Market options; calendars are sold at worldmarket.com and the Brookfield store, 625 Main Street in Fountain Square.
We particularly liked:
- Bonne Maman Fruit and Honey Spreads ($39.99). Features 24 mini spreads including jams, jellies and honey that are all made from traditional French recipes.
- 24 cups of K-Cup cocoa (24.99). Gift recipients can unwind every night with a cup of cocoa in flavors of caramel, cinnamon, creme brulee, dark chocolate, gingerbread, hazelnut, Irish cream, mocha, peppermint, raspberry, vanilla, and white chocolate.
- Shortbread Walkers($29.99) is filled with Walkers bite-sized shortbread cookies in different flavors and types.
- Borgo De’ Medici Italian Cookie ($22.99). Made in Tuscany cookies fill this calendar. They include plain and chocolate canestrelli biscuits, chocolate and almond biscotti, cocoa and chocolate drop biscuits, limonchello biscuits, coffee biscuits and soft almond nougat.
Total Wine & More Advent Calendars
Unsurprisingly, Total Wine & More, (totalwine.com/discover/gift-guide/holiday/advent-calendar) offers interesting advent calendars for beer and wine:
We particularly liked:
- Advent calendar of the most wonderful wines 2022 ($79.99 at area stores). This holiday offer includes 24 wines from all over the world.
- Sheelin Holidays ($19.99, at area stores). You can start that countdown 12 days to the holidays instead of 24 with this wine-based drink. Flavors include Raspberry Cheesecake, Winter Spice, Crème Brûlée, Mango, Snickerdoodle, and Lime.
Costco Advent Calendars
Costco(costco.com) focuses on wine and beer, but man’s best friend also gets a delicious nod.
- Costco Wine Adventure 2022 ($99.99 in store). Each box contains 24 bottles that are half the size of a regular wine bottle. France, Spain, Portugal, Moldova, Georgia and Italy are all represented.
- Costco Beer Advent Calendar 2022 ($69.99 in shops). This is the background with the imported German beers in this calendar. They come from small independent craft breweries (in 16.9 ounce cans). They include Hefeweizens, pilsners, lagers and helles.
- Advent calendar for dogs ($44.99 online) Has treats and toys for your best friend. Included are pumpkin flavored pretzels, snickerdoodle holiday shapes, gingerbread characters and apple pie flavored little stars.
Aldi advent calendars
Aldi stores have calendars with wine, beer, seltzer water, cheese, hot sauce, chocolates and more. For information see aldi.us, and click on the product drop-down list.
Some favorites are:
- Emporium Selection Cheese ($16.99) features European cheeses, including those from unexpected regions. Some are Dutch Goudas, Red Leicester and Double Gloucester.
- Holiday Magic Wine ($59.99) features Old World and New World wines, from well-known regions to new growing regions. It includes 24 labels and 16 grape varieties from eight countries. Each wine label has a QR code that shoppers can scan to learn more about the wine.
- hard seltzer ($39.99) offers 12 flavors, from gingerbread to spicy plum.
- Bay Island Hot Sauce ($19.99) comes with 24 hot sauce flavors in 0.84 ounce bottles. Heat intensity varies and flavors include Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce, Chipotle Chocolate Hot Sauce, Smoked Bourbon Hot Sauce, Mango Habanero Hot Sauce, and Yellow Hot Sauce.